Lopata, Flegel & Company LLP has the breadth of knowledge and depth of experience to lead companies and their owners through the ever changing maze of today’s business environment. There are no cookie-cutter solutions in business. Each situation is different and requires deep knowledge about the business and its principals. Our seasoned professionals help our clients with many challenges on an ongoing or as needed basis. We are personally committed to arrive at workable, practical solutions with plans using the insight gained over many years in real-life business situations.
Our Management Consulting Services Include:
- Tax Structuring –buyers and sellers must understand the different choices available. It is critical that sellers know their after tax proceeds and for buyers to know the costs and benefits of owning the business for years to come
- Purchase Price Allocations – To maximize allowable tax benefits
- Due Diligence – Knowing as much as possible about a target company including its customers, employees, strengths, opportunities, and risks is vital to every acquisition and investment. We don’t just complete a boilerplate checklist, we dive into a target’s business looking at areas of concerns from your perspective and bring this information together in a meaningful and concise manner
- Identifying and quantifying opportunities for savings of combined companies
- Business Sale Preparation
- Sale/Purchase Negotiations
- Documentation and Schedule Preparation Assistance
Our firm has extensive experience and training in financial matters involving litigation. For our clients, we provide support in contract disputes, calculate and evaluate damage assessments, lost profits and tax impacts, financial business matters involving divorce proceedings and fraud investigations. Our professionals also serve a key role in assisting counsel as expert witnesses and in developing case strategies.
We have served in many fraud investigations. Our professionals bring their investigative mindset and audit detection skills to search for and quantify fraud from embezzlements, kickbacks, inventory schemes and financial statement fraud. Financial frauds are difficult to identify and quantify as perpetrators take steps to hide or mask the actual fraudulent transaction as transactions that appear ordinary. The technical knowledge and information technology tools we have enhance our ability to research, summarize and report our findings to be understandable and useable for legal and insurance claims.
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Financial and Capital Needs
- Reporting and Analytics
- Accounting Research and Implementation
- Outsourced Tax Accounting
- Audit Facilitation
- Succession Planning