BUDGETING AND FORECASTING
The value of a confirmed budget and established forecasting practices guide businesses in the road to success. Let us work with you on procedures that will help your business adjust to economic and business changes.
We work with clients to:
- Build effective budget and forecasting models against which actual results are measured
- Provide relevant information and insight to adjust operations and business changes in real-time
FINANCING AND CAPITAL NEEDS
Management is often faced with many questions, including:
- How much funding does my business need?
- What sources of funding are available to my business?
- What type of funding is right for my situation?
- How much will it cost?
The answers to these questions are not simple, and vary depending on individual situations. Capital funding may seem inexpensive as there may be no current interest cost, but sharing the future value of the business may be extremely costly. Your business may not be eligible for conventional bank lending if it is an emerging business or has hit some bumps in the road, so you may need to consider alternative funding sources.
We have significant experience in helping our clients identify and consider their funding and financing options and may have contacts and connections in the business community to introduce to you.
REPORTING AND ANALYTICS
Developing the optimum management reports is key to a successful business. Our services include designing useful individualized management reports, which include:
- Identifying Key Performance Indicators (“KPI’s”)
- Cash Flow Analysis
- Benchmarking Against Key Industry Data and Peer Group Metrics
- Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly Sales and Margins, Operating results
- Developing Effective Dashboards – so management has relevant and timely information to maximize profitability and make the best decisions
ACCOUNTING RESEARCH AND IMPLEMENTATION
We have an extensive electronic research library that provides us access to all the accounting pronouncements, including industry specific data. Our CPAs provide you with the alternatives and guidance to solve your financial reporting issues and questions. Our experience has demonstrated that there is not always a clear answer under generally accepted accounting principles. Some common areas where we have helped clients include:
- Revenue recognition
- Stock based compensation
- Long lived asset impairments
- Accounting for business combinations
We will help you comply with new accounting pronouncements and develop implementation plans.
OUTSOURCED TAX ACCOUNTING
Accounting rules for income taxes are quite complex, especially for businesses that have grown through acquisition or have international components. Many mid-sized to very large companies do not have the internal resources to properly account for income taxes or provide the appropriate footnote disclosures. We provide cost effective solutions to account for this complex area without impairing your audit firm’s independence. Improper accounting could result in material weakness or significant deficiency in internal control.
Our services in this area can be in the form of:
- Consulting – to develop a process for internal accountants to follow
- A complete turn-key solution – provide ongoing accounting for income tax and coordinate with your auditors and tax preparers
As part of this process we are continuously looking for potential tax benefits for your company.
We provide services to help companies prepare for independent audits of their financial statements. These services include:
- Assisting internal accountants in adjusting and closing the year-end books
- Preparing schedules and analyzing requested by the auditors
- Drafting financial statements and footnotes in accordance with the ever changing accounting rules
- Participating in direct communication and support with the auditors
The benefit of these services provides cost savings by retaining high-level support to augment internal capacity on an as-needed basis. This will create efficiency in the audit process thus saving audit fees, freeing up internal staff and management time and improving the overall audit outcome.
Many business owners either neglect or find it difficult to create an ownership or management succession plan. Oftentimes, the day-to-day challenges of running a business take priority over long-term planning. It is important to note that a personal estate plan is not a substitute for a business succession plan.
We help business owners plan for a successful transition of ownership and management. Whether there are plans to sell the business or hand the reins to a trusted employee or family member, our independent guidance will help complete and formalize the transition plan.